View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 12:27 AM   #85
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

No truck work done today. Instead, got a bit more done on the new panel for the garage. Doesn't look like much in the pic below but it took much of the day just to get a couple holes through the house and garage for conduit. Somewhere along the line, someone apparently decided it would be A Good Idea™ to pour concrete between the rim joist and the floor joist butted up against the blocks in the basement wall, so instead of having what any normal person would expect to find (rim joist - air space or insulation - floor joist) I ended up busting one of my dad's 12" long bits when I hit the concrete. Not cool.

So I did what I could from the outside with the hole saw, then reconnected the air compressor circuit so I could use the air chisel to break up the concrete. How annoying! It was pretty crappy concrete and it crumbled easily, but it really was a pointless thing to do to a guy. I'd like to track down the idiot who did it and smack him around, but seeing as the house was built in 1919 I suspect time has already beaten me to that.

At any rate, I've now got all the holes cut for the conduit both inside and out. The panel is ready to be wired. Now "all" I have to do is pull 51 feet of god-awful 4ga wire and seal up the conduit and holes. I'll be back in a week with a progress report.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 08-20-2008 at 12:29 AM.
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote