View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #9
Dukagora

Re: Solenoid to Motorized Fuel Tank Selector Valve

So what are the negatives with the motorized switch?

Given there are no other options if you want to utilize dual tanks, how do you correctly wire a toggle switch in? Id rather not do it all that way but it looks like I don't have a choice.

So as it stands for me now, the switch can be wired as shown in the video I linked.

I need to get power to the valve.
I need to the sending units wired in so the gauge works for both.

Those, I assume 3, wires are found in the original harness.

However given the FSV3A valve connector is required for the motorized valve, I need to actually reroute the sending unit wires from each tank FROM the cab, to, I assume, A and C in the video diagram for the FSV3A valve connector. Leaving the original connections at the fuel tank sending units. Or do I leave those wires and use 1 wire from the harness to go to B on the FSV3A valve connector?

I have 1 wire I can provide for power to this valve based on the toggle switch wiring in the video....I think. How do I wire that 1 wire to D and E? The power is reversed when I switch it at the cabs toggle switch right? Does that make sense at all? I don't wire my power source from the toggle switch to BOTH D and E? Pretty sure that wont work.
77 Crew Cab Chevy C20 454/TH400 with lots of rust. Long gone.
77 1/2 ton long bed 350/TH300. Dismantled for parts.
Dukagora is offline   Reply With Quote