View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #49
SCOTI

Re: 84' 3/4 lowered advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider View Post
Im going to order https://www.summitracing.com/parts/d.../applications/ this weekend... Im not sure how to install the hangers because they look nothing like my stock ones... Someone explain to me how they fit? Once I figure that out Im order them...
In a nutshell.....

Secure vehicle on jack stands & verify you're safe to get under the truck (push test).
Remove the wheel, disconnect the shock & leaf spring by removing their hardware. (Do one side @ a time. Use a jack to raise/lower & hold-up the rear-end housing as needed).
Knock the rivets of the factory hangers off/out.
Align the new hangers w/the holes in the frame rails & install w/the new hardware.
Re-install the leaf pack & shock. Loosely snug the hardware for the leaf/shackle bushings but don't tighten them to spec.
Re-install wheel.

Repeat for the opposite side.

Once both sides are completed, set the truck back on the ground so the full weight is on the suspension. Tighten the leaf/shackle bushings hardware to spec.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote