View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
dolphans1

My 1956 Chevy Truck won't start

Hello Folks, my first post on here. I have an original 1956 Chevy Dump Truck, its a slant or straight 6 cylinders and I have owned her for 2 years. I never drive it much, but started her every 2 weeks. 1 barrel carburetor.

2 weeks ago I started the truck with the choke on and let her run for about 5 minutes with the choke on and it quit while it was running.

I made several attempts to start her again and had no success starting her. Several times it sounded like she wanted to start, but no success.

Today I removed the oil air-breather and cleaned it, removed the inline fuel filter and replaced it with a plastic see through one.

At times it sounded like she wanted to start but then I could tell she did not want to start.

I sprayed starter fluid at times in the carb (alone) but had no success either.

I noticed the carburetor had a small leak (ooze) of fuel from the front bottom, buttery fly front bottom, I'm, guessing.

I have read on other forums, it could be anything from the carburetor to the fuel pump, fuel line clogged, vapor lock, coil. condenser distributor cap, etc.

So my question is - what would you attempt next? Should I rebuild the carburetor next?

Its hard trying to diagnose without a little helper.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by dolphans1; 04-04-2018 at 08:39 PM.
dolphans1 is offline   Reply With Quote