View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 07:44 PM   #4
56hotrodred

Re: Difficult mounting/fitting VA Surefit evaporator in 1956 task force

We'll I finally got the evaporator sitting under the dash. Man it was tight and the hole locations they said to drill seem to be not alighning things up. I have drilled a new top one on firewall and put front bracket screws in to help align! Now I need to mark bottom hole in firewall and then drill a new one. Looks level so maybe will be alright.

Ya I really wanted to keep the separate transmission cooler up front and I made it all fit by moving the condensor forward. Lots of work and still need to finish installation as things are only mocked up. All solid brackets with about an inch between all.

Also my transmission guy did not particularly like the fact that I was not running the trany lines into a radiator cooler first. He said I should keep it up front so I did.

He was good to lend me a 700r4 case to assist in driveline mockup. It has really helped and I already had to change the rear trany crossmember that I had planned on using. It wants to occupy the same space as the trany oil pan so changes made. I am now glad that I painted the frame and did not powder coat it. I have hit it pretty hard and will have a lot of retouch to do! It really looks like the Eastwood epoxy primer and ceramic chassis paint are holding up well. No flaking off at all just serious sprapes. Appears to have adhered really good.

I am hoping still to be getting engine and transmission in March or April.

Will try to post some pictures later maybe in my build thread.
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote