View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #7
56hotrodred

Re: Difficult mounting/fitting VA Surefit evaporator in 1956 task force

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowt1ed View Post
56, can you post pics of your rad/cooler/cond up front? Did you need to remove the support cross supports, and did the VA condensor mount directly to the outside of rad support? I have my U.S. Radiator in and about to order the VA kit as well.

Thanks, Jim
Hey Jim I for sure had to remove the support cross braces! I modified the radiator mount to move the rad a bit closer to the condenser in order to end up with enough room for my VA front runner system and flex-a-lite low profile dual fans. It was a lot of work and to tell you the truth I will need to trim some more of the core support in order to get my hose fittings to fit in there. I am going to order the VA bead lock 14 fitting extended hose kit because the drier will now not be able to mount low on the core support. With the extended hose and various fittings I will mount the drier low on th firewall probably. I have to yet build a new upper rad mounting system with something that will also allow me to mount the dual fan system. I have a few ideas for that.

I have some pictures of where all is at now and will see if they clearly show what I am up to. As said it is not quit done but I think it will work. It was important for me to keep the trains cooler up front because as said that is where my trany builder wants it in order to keep warrantee on transmission he will be building in spring. The trany cooler is a big one also about 11x11 inches. I also got the US crossflow rad without the trany cooler. In hindsight maybe I should have got the rad with the trany cooler but my initial research took me in this direction. If I would have stayed with the downflow rad none of that would have been necessary but I really like the looks of the crossflow in there.

It all physically fits so it's just a matter of getting the fittings and extended lines to move drier.

As said I will see what pictures I do have. I just checked my build thread and did post a couple of pictures of the rad sitting in place. I may have to remove the rad, which is no big deal for you to see the condensor mounted. I am off to the Napa to pick up my magnetic angle finder to complete rear trany mount placement and will be back out in shop and will get some more pictures.

Last edited by 56hotrodred; 11-07-2017 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Added info
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote