View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 05:06 PM   #24
chevy3100truck

Re: #minijimmygmc Wifey's 1990 K5 Jimmy rebuild

Well, Saturday was one of those days when you seem to work all day but don't really get what you wanted done accomplished....... Removed the windows, 2 out of 3 successfully lol. The windshield had a chip in it which became an instant spiderweb crack as soon as I put a bit of pressure on it to get it out of the seal, so I guess I'll be getting a new one of those ordered in

Gas tank and hitch got installed, taking way longer than it should have (had an argument with the gas tank straps, for whatever reason they were very hard to get stretched out enough to get the first thread started on the bolts - operator error I know)

Name:  image6.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  69.6 KB

Sunday, well, at least we finally got around to putting in the new steering components as well as the steering box bracing kit from Off Road Design. Unfortunately, we also figured out that I had ordered the wrong front shocks from ORD, and now would either need to return & exchange them or add mount extensions. Since I'm in Canada, return shipping is going to be pretty much just as much as getting the F250 shock brackets, I figured I'd just order those, hopefully will have them for next weekend.

Name:  image8.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  53.1 KB
Name:  image7.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  62.7 KB