View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #198
phillipm

Re: 78 2wd Blazer - LS Swap and more..

Had a weird thing happen last night. I say it's weird because before tearing it apart we had driven this to Vegas and back so really thought all was well in this department.

Yesterday I was making some changes to the transmission tune and noticed the A/C got warm, then I heard the safety switch cutting the compressor off. Hopped out there and noticed the fans we'rent on. Checked the fuse real quick and all was fine there. Reached down and moved the harness around for the fans and saw it spark and smoke some as they came on!

Got lucky that it was only a high in the 80s yesterday so I decided to unplug them and make the 25 mile drive back to our shop after work. Made it about 90% there before having to pull over and open the hood for a few minutes. After that I only had to shut it off at 1 stop light and then made it in. Which was suprising as it's like 20 stop lights along the route. Figured out that the ground wire had somehow built up a bunch of resistance and completely melted the Metri Pack 630 housing and melted the wire jacket right off of it. Ended up redoing the grounding strategy and should be good to go now.

Last edited by phillipm; 09-21-2017 at 12:51 PM.
phillipm is offline   Reply With Quote