View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 04:51 PM   #8
hewittca

Re: How to restore patina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongray View Post
I think it looks great. I prefer the old look primarily because your not going to focus on minor waviness or dings and I wont be paranoid of someone scratching it in the parking lot.Perhaps I will practice on some bare sheet metal and see how that works out. If not I will go with a matte or dull finish anyways.
Thanks for the input.
That's how I feel. I also use my truck for truck things and this way I really don't care if it gets the occasional bump or scratch. I do try to be careful, but it doesn't bother me if it does happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Hewitt...im gonna take a stab at it and say the bed........did I win?...............................confession time[I cheated]...do I still win? hahaha..I actually thought maybe the door at first...it has a little different sheen to it...truck looks great btw
Haha, yes you win 5 internets. Oh sorry, that's an old joke. After looking at the pic again, you are right the door does look slightly different. I've noticed in person too that each panel kinda has its own character. Sometimes I think the bed doesn't look like it matches at all, and other times I think the whole truck looks mismatched and the bed looks fine.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote