View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #4
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

Re: ECM-B fuse blowing, please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Green View Post
How about an inline fuel pump and an aftermarket fuel regulator to run the correct pressure?

First, I'm with speedy...... No way a bad ground will blow a fuse.

I feel for ya......They done the same thing as my local dealer did with my non working speedo, Played around for 2 hrs, Replaced the cluster AND installed a used ECU so they said. 600 bux and 12 miles later it quit working again, Took me less than a hour and no money to fix the problem they couldn't with all their fancy pants equipment and schooling.....

Believe me, Go with a new OEM in-tank pump..... I had nothing but problems with in-line frame mounted pumps, They rattle like crazy and won't suck the fuel from the bottom of the tank well (would stop pumping at 1/4 tank). They also run hotter being out in the open, My last new in-line quit 13 miles after installing. I replaced the entire fuel system front to rear with factory 94 parts 2 yrs ago and haven't had a problem since.

If you still have fuse issues with a new OEM pump follow speedy's suggestion and find a diagram, Start tracing wires for that circuit until you find the short.......
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote