View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 03:55 AM   #59
mac808

Re: My Porterbuilt Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
Love the truck.

Have you thought about what will happen when you roll into the first dirt lot? With the exhaust tips down you will have clean and already clean truck and those at the show won't be to happy either. Just a thought...

Awesome work though.
Haha. Thank you for the kind words, and good point. But my biggest concern was local state laws where some require the exhaust tips to farthest back and out from under the vehicle but we don't have that requirement here.

As for a downturned tip and blowing dust up, a) we don't have very many/I don't plan to drive on any dirt roads, b) the tip I have on is the exact same tip that I cut off of the original behind-the-rear-wheel exit tail pipes, facing the exact same way-just more underneath the bed- so it wouldn't be blowing any more or less dust up(more under my truck if anything) if I ever did drive on a dusty road/surface.

I already avoid driving it in rain and it would be a cold day in hell if I ever took it off roading anywhere. It isn't a garage/trailer queen by any means but I am a fair weather driver.

Last edited by mac808; 02-18-2014 at 03:56 AM. Reason: typo
mac808 is offline   Reply With Quote