View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #69
truckeez

Re: Blazer half cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSRL View Post
Do you still have the molds for a half cab? I've been in contact with Bruce in Texas that has the "sexy half cab" web site about purchasing his molds. Would you be interested in exchanging information. I live in Nebraska and would like to do something to obtain a half cab for my Jimmy closer to home or exploring the interest out there.
Bruce
Really,, I saw his steel mockup in a shop owned by a guy I used to work with--there were no molds.

the molds of other stuff I saw were not reinforced with any kind of bracing to provide integrity or were they anywhere near the right thickness, there were Ferrari replica stuff that were only 3/16" for front end molds--all that kind of big stuff has to be done correctly to make sure they stay in the right shape.

the guy he had running the shop say'd "we make about one of these a month" -I had to check myself from busting out laughing, No one is selling one of those a month--no way, especially having some shop sub stuff,,, when he went into the next room I went over and tapped it with my finger--just the steel copy of what he watched me do when I started the project-- with a buddys roof clip ---> in Bruces garage.
he lost patience and would not let me get the model to the stage where I could take it to my shop to finish, I ended up having to spend 3.5 mos driving 1 1/2 hrs away to the other guys house and finish the model-- and build the molds for the Blazer Sport Top on his 72.

ill never do projects like that one again--only stuff im into.

Last edited by truckeez; 12-10-2014 at 07:59 PM.
truckeez is offline   Reply With Quote