Thread: George...
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
69gmcc10

George...

This is my first thread and my (hopefully) first build!

I was told by a smart man once that you should start from the beginning, I don’t know why? Quentin Tarantino has made allot of money intentionally breaking this rule. Anyway, I have been obsessed with these trucks since I was 12 when my dad would not let me buy a black 67 long bed for $500. Looking back, even though I hate admitting my parents know anything, I appreciate him for that because it was a POS! Throughout the years since, every time I saw a 67-72 for sale on the side of the road I always pulled over and looked, never pulling the trigger.

This frustrated and baffled my then girlfriend as to why I would stop in the middle of a trip just to look at an old crappy truck; I am a little obsessive about stuff. Back on track, in April last year I was dropping off a check to a used car dealership (I am the Office Manager of a small lending company) and I ran across a Silver 69 GMC lwb tucked back in the corner on this lot. I immediately ran back to the office, joined this forum and started doing research on 69 gm trucks and this specific truck (reference previous obsession statement). Come to find out it had been there for months and for the next month I watched the price go down until one day I couldn’t stand it any more and I test drove it.

Now it was time for some fancy talkin! For the entire previous year my live in girlfriend of then 5 years was rightfully giving me the “S#!% or get off the pot” conversation about marriage. Even I knew I was running on borrowed time and when I brought the truck up to her she was understanding, not excited, but understanding none the less about buying a truck and not an engagement ring! This is why we are married now, that wouldn’t fly in many relationships.

So, $1700 Dollars later I had a running/driving truck, a hole in my ring fund and a girlfriend questioning her life choices. I can’t believe this is all working out!

Here are some photos from my test drive, I will go over some plans in a future post.
Attached Images

69gmcc10 is offline   Reply With Quote