View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
71swb4x4

1967 C30 dump truck

Got her home after a LONG trip last weekend. This is my work truck, so it won't be super nice. I have a few things to do before she hits the road.

The truck is a 1967 with the small back window. The truck is surprisingly original, right down to it's split rims.
Factory options include 133" wheel base, AM radio, power brakes, deluxe heater, 292 inline 6, custom group, heavy rear springs, gauges, marker lights and dually wheels. The truck has a SM425 4-speed. The clearance lights are aftermarket.
The bed is an old grain type bed with a steel front added on. The bed's round ambers are strobe lights.

Future upgrades will include:
non-split rims
HEI
front disc brakes
internally regulated alternator
relays on the headlights
power steering
tach (non-factory)

The body is fairly solid. The core support under the battery tray is rusty, the rockers have a couple small holes, the cab corners need a little work, and the fenders have some small holes in the lower corner.

I am pretty sure this truck hasn't been washed in years. I am 100% serious about that. The cowl is completely full of leaves and twigs too, so that will have to come off this spring so I can clean it out.
Attached Images