View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #22
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: 67 C10 lwb to K10 swb conversion project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Looks good

I've used a square body frame under a '62 C10.....they don't work so good for a 2wd swap IMO. I've always said that they are more suited as a 4wd frame swap. I like your idea of stretching the frame under the cab.
Thanks. Stretching the frame under the cab made a huge difference in the way the body can sit on the frame and will make it look more like a stock 4x4 which is what I was after. I really didn't want another lifted truck with huge tires on it. 31-32" tires with a 3" body lift just doesn't look right to me so it would have to have bigger tires on it to look right.

It is coming along but I have a bunch of work to do still. I am hoping to have it moving under its own power again in a couple weeks.

The engine, trans & transfer case are ready to go. I just need to finish the cab mounts and get the thing bolted back together before they go in.

I am working on a deal to get a better cab right now so hopefully I can make the deal happen. The current cab needs a bunch of work that I would like to avoid if possible. The possible new cab is a factory A/C cab too so that would be a nice thing to have.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote