View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #150
A.T. RockDriller

Re: Let's post 60-66 SUBURBAN Only Pictures

I just look at these bad boys and my heart just screams out......GET A BURB...
I have a '59 Apache project that I love....on the back burner...but I remember...when I was just a pup...13 or 14 years old, growing up on a homestead in a remote hanging valley in the interior of Alaska..in 1972. My dad traded in our '66 Chev Suburban...bone stock, 292 with an automatic, all the seats and in great shape ()on a '63 Coupe De Ville so my Mother would have a nice car to drive.
Pretty quick, I guess Dad realized he missed the Carry-All and he came home one day driving a '58 GMC Suburban...(not sure on which is a Burb & which is a Carry-All)...in decent shape for the year...(in fabulous shape for today).
It was dark..(Brick) red with one of the barn doors being yellow....and maybe a fender.
Well, that became Dads daily driver and our hunting & fishing rig from then on.
It only had one rear seat...and we took it out and put it in the shed so that when we were on a huntin trip, we could throw a pad in the back and camp out of it.
That rig hauled thousands of pounds of Caribou and Moose meat (and Salmon and Halibut) home to the freezer over the next years.
I would give anything for a chance to own that truck.
Last we saw of it was, after a mechanical failure of some sort....Dad left it in White Horse or Dawson Creek on his last trip Outside...bought a cheep runner and drove the rest of the way to Oregon.
I wish I had a chance.
'66 GMC 4000...351C, 5&2
A.T. RockDriller is offline   Reply With Quote