View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #249
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
Yes, work with one circuit at a time and test. Your fuel pump is wired to acc bc it needs to kick on and prime bf you go to full start. again, why I would put a toggle in between that. No need to have fuel pump on when you are testing circuits etc. Do you have a picture or any diagrams of your parking lights? The park lamp should not need to be a two way bulb unless your plan to use them as turn signals. make sure your other park lamp wire isn't touching something or is capped off, if you are working with only one park lamp. which is what I would do, eliminate one thing and work on one thing. So wire up one park lamp, cap off other, turn your headlight switch on (key shouldn't need to be on actually).

What I would do instead of popping fuses. Take the fuse out of the circuit ex park lamp fuse. take a test light and ground it, then stick it in that fuse. If it lights up with key or headlight switch off, it is not correct. Saves you a fuse. When I did my first harness I couldn't figure out why the battery was arching when I went to attach the cables. I did the process of elimination through pulling each fuse and putting the battery cable on, it finally came down to the cig lighter being grounded wrong. but it taught me to pull a fuse then check that circuit, if it lights your light, you know its not grounded properly, if you have pwr off to that circuit and its lighting it up.
These are the two way switches from classicparts. I do need the park and turn to work in the same fixture. I don't have a test light, but I do have a multimeter.

I can't believe I'm having trouble with something as simple as a lightbulb

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote