View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #5
Mr_Rich

Re: Rear disc brake kit trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZZ View Post
Thanks for the reply,

Your '89 setup has a 3" hub. Do you know what rotor is used? It looks like a gmt800 1/2 ton front rotor.

These aftermarket early 6 lug kits, I wonder if they just take the '99-07 1/2 ton front rotor and bore the center from 3" to 3.5"
I'm pretty sure they don't re-bore the hole for the hub. The hat on the rotors on my truck are shallower than the hubs on a GMT800 truck. I also have the internal expanding drum for the emer. brake. That rules out front rotors. The kit on my truck was discontinued a number of years ago. I tried the SS Brakes and Baer kits and felt that the Stillen kit was the best rear disc conversion at the time. They have conversion kits (Baer & SS Brakes) now that are double the $$$ that I paid. I mentioned in the previous post that my rotors are DBA Australia rotors and they are still available. I don't know what vehicles they were originally made for. I have to look for the spare set I have for a part #; buried under boxes in my garage somewhere.
1997 K2500 Chev. EC 7.4L/ 4L80E
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 HD R/C
Mr_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote