View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 10:47 AM   #7
hdff

Re: What's missing on this seat track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroman View Post
As others have said, some seats have cable, some have a rod. See arrow on attached pic.

Mine had a cable which was kind of thin, so I replaced with a rod. I bought a 6 foot 1/8" diameter steel rod at Lowes. Painted it gloss black. The rod attaches to the two spring loaded catches on the seat tracks. Just cut to fit and bend the ends to hold in the holes for the catches.

The tension on the rod, or cable, is adjusted by being attached to the bottom back of the seat frame. I use a large wire tie to do this. You install the seat with the wire tie just tight enough to keep the rod above the hump of the cab then tighten it until the passenger side track works in conjunction with the drivers side track. Doing it this way keeps you from having to install and remove the seat numerous times to get the adjustment right.

You are also missing the spring on the drivers side which keeps tension on the whole seat. See circle on attached pic.

There is also a smaller spring that keeps tension on the handle. You can see it in the second pic.

Hope this helps.
Thanks all, I see what is missing. I found where I can get the springs and key pieces that go thru the tracks and i'll go to lowes and see if I can find the 1/8" steel rod like you mentioned.. What about the spring on the drivers side, anyone know where I can get one of those, I didn't see it in the catalogues I looked at. i'll put up a WTB in the parts section... Zeroman who refurbed your seat, it looks great and I see your in Houston so they may be local to me.. I would like more info on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8-68 View Post
The seat is missing
there's always one in the crowd..

Don't argue with idiots, People watching may not be able to tell the difference...
There's someone in my head........But it's not me......

cheap tricks thread great info here!! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394

Last edited by hdff; 08-02-2017 at 04:37 PM.
hdff is offline   Reply With Quote