View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #1
Advanced Design

Bought a new high quality locally built car trailer

In December I found a vehicle six hours away I thought I wanted. Hauling it home would be no problem as I have a trusty old car trailer built in 1990 that has always worked fine.

Then I started evaluating the condition of the trailer and remembered it needed new tires, bearing packed, as well as electric brakes repaired and upgraded. Then I started comparing dimensions of this one to new ones and determined my 1990 model was only 76" between the fenders, making it difficult to impossible to open a door on a loaded vehicle.

This all helped me decide to just go ahead and get a new trailer as wife and I had been discussing for several years. Doing some comparison on how trailers are built showed a lot of variation in structure, quality and materials. Since I wanted a really well built unit, I custom ordered one from Imperial Trailers in Olney, IL.

Their design incorporates a triangular shaped side, fabricated from box tubing, creating a very stiff deck. This one has the 23' deck, 6 D rings, rub rail with stake pockets, 6k torsion flex axles, Dexter EZ lube hubs with up graded electric brakes at each hub, 16 inch 10 ply trailer tires, 2 coats of primer, and 2 coats of paint top and bottom. We stepped up on the jack capacity and also included are the safety chains with emergency stop break away. The deck steel thickness was also doubled.
Attached Images

Last edited by Advanced Design; 02-11-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote