View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #29
slowcpe

Re: '67 Stepper "Laymond"

Sunday it was finally warm enough to get back out in the garage. Took the interior out last weekend and yesterday started on restoring the gauges and glovebox.

With the seat out, the floor looks real good other than some unnecessary hole cut/drilled and whenever someone repaired the cab corners they riveted a plate over the seat belt holes. Not sure what I'm going to do about that.

The gauges are basically done. Tore the cluster down, cleaned everything real good, painted the needles florescent orange, cleaned the plastic with Meguiar's headlight restore kit, and re-painted the silver on the bezel. Not a perfect job but didn't feel like putting too much time/money into it since I will be changing them out when the 6.0 goes in. Turned out decent I think.

The silver on the glovebox is painted. Waiting for the paint to "cure" for a few days before painting the black.

If I can make up my mind how I'm going to do my stereo, I will order it this week. I don't want to cut the dash so I'm looking at alternatives. Leaning towards using Massive Audio's EQM EQ with USB input as a pre-amp, a 4-channel Rockford Fosgate Punch amp to (2) Punch 6x9s in the door (already cut or would not be going this route), and (2) Punch 4"s in the stock dash location. Planning on a adding some 8"s whenever I move the fuel tank to the back. Once I find a factory AM/FM tuner or period correct 8-track I want to install that in the dash, add a speaker/line-level converter and hook it up to the EQ as my FM Tuner input.

I'm also looking at Clarion's marine CMS2 setup and either leave the controller under or on the seat. Then I would just use the radio delete plate or install an AM radio for looks.

On with the pics:

1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote