View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #704
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

i made a little progress on my heat/ac unit. the issue is that I have a 10 plus year old unit from "hot rod air" that has never run. I'm missing all the interior parts except the evaporator. I have been talking with "vintage air" to see if their controls and replacement parts will work. their exceptional customer service has led me to some answers. the hot rod air unit uses electric servos for the a/c and the vintage air controls will work on that no problem. the heat on the hot rod air unit is vacuum. vintage air is all electric. they sell a conversion kit to change the vacuum heat to electric. I'm pricing all the missing parts I need and the conversion kit to see if I'm going to do that or purchase a complete interior only kit that has a new evaporator and all the needed interior parts. it will be a cost based decision. I know the conversion will be cheaper than the kit but once I add all the bits and pieced the cost difference may not be as large as I'm thinking. if its just a couple hundred difference I will be a lot more comfortable with a new kit with all matching parts.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote