View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 10:35 AM   #158
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Got a few more little things tied up. I replaced the power steering hose with a 3000 PSI rated hose. One thing you will have to do when using actually power steering hose opposed to fuel braided hose is get steel fittings. I battled for a long time to get my standard aluminum AN fittings to fit over the power steering hose, but this also entailed shaving back the out liner of the hose. But I did not trust it and figured it shouldnt be this way. Then I thought about my hydraulic steering on my rock crawler and the fittings i have for them. So I found some Earls black steel fittings. Those ended up fitting perfect. The outer diameter is larger on the outer sleeve and the part that slides into the hose is smaller (the ID on the power steering hose is smaller than standard -6AN hose.

The other problem i encountered is that it is basically impossible to expanded power steering hose, so I could not get the return line to slide over the barb fitting coming out of the pump. Yes I know I could have used standard hose for this but my OCD would not allow me to have two different hoses next to each other.

So what I did was use a few inches of my fuel hose, put on a 90* fitting, then mated that with a 45* degree fitting to the power steering hose. So now you will just see the same power steering hoses. I know this cost me another $30 but its worth the cost of satisfying my OCD.

A few other things I got done were installing the TV geometry corrector on my FITECH throttle body and installed a lokar TV cable (my stock TV cable was a bit messed up)

Also installed the Air ducting in the cab. I am removing all the chrome on the vents and painting them black.
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote