View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #17
Robertc10

Re: drum to disc brake conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robznob11 View Post
Its hard starting out....this is the low down. 1st are you willing to go to 5 lug? Because using factory parts you will need to.... in 70 (I think mid) they went from 6 lug drum to 5 lug disc. The spindle , ball jts, tie rods and drag link changed. In 73 the control arms went to rubber bushings but i believe most of the parts interchange. No one offers drop spindles to accommodate the pre 70 drum set up. Beyond that these write-ups should help you!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456889
It can be hard lol I started on this truck a little over 3 years ago and really I am not in the shape financially or physically but I'm not going to let it stop me hopefully lol

I started this truck backwards really. I built the motor first with intentions of driving it through the summer months and nothing seems to go as planned. I saved money and really went further with the motor than originally planned. Now I wish I would have went at it differently but either way I will get it eventually!!

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice and hopefully I will learn this forum better and keep participating and following along hopefully being able to help others along with getting help!
Robertc10 is offline   Reply With Quote