View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #266
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

It has been a busy summer with my wife and I trying to sell our house and me changing jobs but I was able to find a way to make progress and eliminate the amount of grinding I have to do. I employed my teenage niece to grind down welds at $8 an hour! She works teenager hours (1-5 hours a week) but hey any welds she grinds down I dont have to grind down. I told her once she finishes grinding welds I will get grinding pads and sand blast sand and let her strip the blazer of all its paint.

While she has been working on that I was able to finish replacing the original bed floor with donor patches.

I was planning on replacing the rear lower bedside sections but the reproduction panels I got from Key Parts were worthless. So I focused on converting my 1970 truck doors into 1972 blazer doors. I started by removing the "smooth" section that was where the 1972 door "dimple" should be.

Fortunately I still had the original blazer doors, and while they were completely rusted out I was able to remove the dimples section from them.

The smooth section removed.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote