View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 02:44 AM   #13
1project2many

Re: WARNING: RANT! #!*%’g Aftermarket Side Windows & Wings

Dan, that's really a biatch. I can remember how nervous I was re-installing my vent windows. I had spent time before paint was applied removing and installing them repeatedly so I had a feel for how to do it but I was still panicked.

I ran into fitment issues with my aftermarket rear glass. I spent hours trying to install it, then recruited professional help. I even sent pictures of the glass partially installed to the supplier for guidance and they said "Yep, it's the right glass. Keep trying. It will go." I was young so I kept trying but it was not the right glass. I completely destroyed a window gasket in the process which the glass supplier would not reimburse me for. I still remember how p*ssed I was at the supplier.

FWIW aftermarket parts have gone downhill in many ways over the years, and not just in the old truck hobby. We have to be extremely careful with the parts we put into the buses in our fleet. Once upon a time you could choose from brands ranging from junk to top-quality. These days every part seems to be "Buyer beware" regardless of whose name is on it.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote