View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 12:34 PM   #19
ptc

Re: WARNING: RANT! #!*%’g Aftermarket Side Windows & Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
As for the paint, now that I’ve F’d it up that ship has sailed. It would have to be feathered out and base coat/clear coated but AFTER the windows are installed and all done so nothing gets disturbed again.
Dan - as you know each one of these trucks is like a human being, they are all different. They have differing angles and edges and who knows how many 'repairs' through the years that somebody else could have messed up. The point is you need to do MOCK UP first with all your parts FIRST. If you had these windows for two years in your garage why in the world hadnt you tried to fit them into place and re-drill all the holes needed along time ago? Not ragging on ya my friend, but thats the way "building old vehicles" go. Its not necessarily the repops fault, even if you buy used OLD parts you better mock it up first because those were made to fit ANOTHER TRUCK.... not yours.

Bottom line is these old truck were hand made (at a factory), but those guys still made everything fit whatever truck they were working on that day.... Monday truck versus a FRIDAY Truck!!!! Good luck my friend, you'll figure it out.