View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
SavageGrizz

Savage's 54 3100

Hi Y'all! I've been "creepin" on the forum for a few months and figured it's time to post up. I'm Savage and I have a '54 3100 that's been in the family since I was a toddler. My Dad was originally going to sell the truck (although he said that for 10 years), but when my Mom passed in late 2015; he wanted it to stay in the family and subsequently passed it on to me. I am EXTREMELY grateful and fortunate to have this truck. Just the personal and family history with the truck are priceless.

This is the no bull$h*t vehicle I learned how to work on and how to drive. I know this is blasphemy, but the '54 never caught my eye as a kid. It was not fast, I thought the "bull nosed" grilles were ugly as opposed the 47-53's and Pop's wheel choice was comical. All that said, when I got some years on me and developed a little sentiment, the old beast grew on me.

It was my Pop's daily driver while I was in middle school and it runs and drives great on the original (rebuilt when I was 9) 235 and 4 speed with closed shaft torque tube rear. I have it now and although my Dad has loved all of my previous cars after I "modified" them (especially the '67 Chevelle), he cringes at the idea of making this a restomod.

Hopefully, with a lot of time and sweat; it will be a nice LS powered cruiser that's a blast to drive. Thank you to Coach, Flysocal, and the dude in Vegas with the bagged LS3 '54 for posting your builds. I hope to be where you're at in the next 5 years.

Here are some pics of the '54 and what I've done to it:

The day after I brought it home... Those dog catchers on the wheels crack me up when I think of my Pop with a mullet.

Original stovebolt 235 on 6 volts

Since I'm 6'1", the stock spring seat had to go and I found a seat from an '88 suburban in my old neighborhood for $50.

Gutted the old carpet and prepped the dash for paint.

Seat reupholstered with finished dash and floors

Last edited by SavageGrizz; 04-20-2017 at 04:38 PM.
SavageGrizz is offline   Reply With Quote