View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
garyd1961

Re: pics of cleaned up engine bays

Mine is in no way a show truck but what I did was to give everything a good scrubbing while I had the motor out. Then I rattle canned the inner fenders and anything else that was black. I made up new wires for the starter and alternator and anything else on the engine. I ran the wires together and hid them where possible. As you can see my brackets on my motor are not factory. I just used what I had on hand and made them work. I also rattle canned the motor and clear coated the intake. I ran my spark plug wires low and made brackets to hold them off the headers. I ran my wires for my 6AL box through the firewall and mounted the box under the dash. I have two power steering belts but it was not planed. I noticed I had an extra pulley so instead of leaving one pulley bare looking like I was missing a belt I just ran two belts. Since these trucks were known for breaking motor mounts I added two short chains for just in case. That's about it for what I did.
ETA, I forgot to say I installed a new heater core and hoses since this picture.

Last edited by garyd1961; 03-15-2017 at 07:43 PM.
garyd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote