View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 12:16 PM   #13
In The Ten Ring

Re: Post your "one that got away"

I've missed out on things, like that metal gas can I didn't buy at a garage sale last Saturday (little upset with myself but not very much ), I have sold one gun I kinda miss, I've missed out on guns I should have bought, and I blew it with literally a model that I had a chance to date but had a broken leg and couldn't go see her, but I haven't missed out on any trucks. There have been two panels I wish I could have bought but no place to store those and my truck was (and is) still in pieces.

My dad though, is a different story. He sold a straight 8 cylinder 1951 Pontiac he had (Inline 8 would be so cool now) and he really misses his 1951 Chevy sedan he sold. He also had a 1940 Ford coupe as his daily driver before he joined the Army and I wish he had kept that cute little 1974 Mercury Comet coupe. He was supposed to save that for me but didn't, storage space was limited. In his case though, except for the Comet, these were daily drivers and he didn't have a lot of money, they weren't "projects" like these trucks are for most of us.

So I haven't sold my truck even though it hasn't run in 12 years and I haven't let go of mom's 1975 Pontiac sedan. I know from dad's experience that once you sell these things you have to spend a whole lot to get back what you had. Even my 2002 Honda Accord I am holding on to, it's begun to show some body rust but I'm having that fixed.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote