Thread: How much drop?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 03:52 PM   #15
darrellyates

Re: How much drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Jaynes View Post
Without "bagging", approximately what is the maximum amount of drop that you can get on these trucks without any major negative effects? 5/7 or more than that? Next question, I'd like some opinions on what the best way/kit/etc.. is to achieve this lower ride height. From what I understand, drop spindles (which of course I assume will be a part of the equation) will require converting to disk brakes, which I'm in favor of anyway. I'm about to start my first project. A '69 C10. I'm planning to start with lowering and replacing most of the suspension/steering components while I'm at it, (wear items= bushings/ball joints/tie rod ends,etc...)

Thanks in advance.

Zach
Kind of depends on the wheel/tire combo you're running. I never worry about the amount of drop, I just want the wheel well full of wheel/tire. I started with a 2 1/2 / 4 inch on my last C10, and then kept going down. Wound up with -5 springs and 2 inch blocks on the rear, and another -1 spring on the front. Was too low. It didn't drive as good as when it was 2 1/2/4 drop. I'll post up a picture. The drop on the Scott's frame is -7. Of course, there is a lot more adjustment in the coil overs on the Scott's frame, so not sure how accurate that is.

Blue/White truck is 2.5 / 4 drop. Gold/White is -7.
Attached Images

darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote