View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #10
jocko

Re: baby blue stepsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigshooter View Post
Perfect Jocko!!! Add a white top and a BBW and that is my truck! I just have to decide whether to go back with white bumpers or upgrade to chrome... minor details like that.
Keep the pics coming!
That'll be a looker! Big window will look great. Personally, I like the white bumpers on a solid color truck (along with a white grille) and chrome (bumper and grill (or aluminum)) on the two-tones. The ONLY thing I was not a big fan of on that gorgeous blue stepper I posted was that the guy went to all that trouble to restore it perfectly, but didn't bother to paint the grill surround or black background behind the grill. For reference, look at Woogeroo's pictures above - both the "then" and his avatar - that is how it was originally, and I prefer it that way (for me, I prefer it on a resto OR on a hotrod - but that's just me). The "effect" chevy was going for was a grille that just "floated" there and the white surround and black background really helped it do that. Seems so many folks leave off this little detail, but to me, it really changes the look of the truck. I have seen some heavy duty trucks without the surround - but not sure if they came like that or not. Never seen a "factory" picture with them without the surround.

On a custom truck, no worries - lots of ways to skin the cat - and painting the surround really comes down to personal preference- but that perfect resto seems like it's missin one thing to me - the white grill surround and black background.

But that's just me.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote