View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 10:36 AM   #38
notsolo

Re: 1972 Medium Blue Highlander Blazer Resto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
In doing the top swap I noticed two differing styles of seal about the hinges used to attach the lift gate to the top.

1) Style one makes use of rubber grommets only with no brackets/trim plates or screws - this is the only style I found depicted in the factory assembly manual on a cursory search (top rows first pic).
2) Style two makes use of metal brackets/trim plates with underlying gaskets affixed to the lift gate and top by two trim screws at each site (bottom rows first pic).

Wonder why the change from one style to the other? I'll have to investigate what style is reproduced.
Hey Pete, Ahh the complexity of finding good repo's or NOS replacements...I bought the top no holes or mount plates from Classic truck parts." They got returned " They are black and close to the original's but not quite right. I ended up reusing what I had. All the rubber on mine was put back on. Cleaned, and Treated with Wintergeen oil+ Xyleen, Windshield rubber, and double wall top rubber gaskets also.... Door trim was toast...Link In a Link ....Ed. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=680699
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote