View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #22
hugger6933

Re: Here goes nuthin!! Bodywork and paint!

If you want the paint job to last any real amount of time[ and who doesn't?] prime it with epoxy. Find you an O'riellys or any parts store that carries PPG stuff and tell them you want some Omni. Omni is the body shop based lower level stuff but I have been using it like 17 years or so and it is always served me well. The epoxy primer in black is MP172 and its activator is MP175. I'm sure you have read about DPLF 90 epoxy well I can't tell any difference and the ppg guys said it is only different in packaging and marketing.Then you go on to MP282[grey] high build primer and its hardner MH283. I like to have a different color high build than epoxy so I know sanding depths and what not. Also the high build along with some good sanding blocks[one of my favs is to take a paint stir stick and break it into 1/3rds and wrap it with sandpaper.]you can then work over those little moulding holes and that can help you make it super straight. But, I'm getting off track the high build primer will help you be a better body worker. it fills sanding scratches left in filler and even fill some minor low spots . It has great fill properties that is one reason it is designated high build.Good luck and happy sanding, Matt. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote