Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 10:23 PM   #93
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Passenger Side Rocker Replacement

Finally got to a rocker. Got it completely installed. Wasn't too bad. I ended up having to massage the rocker quite a bit but got it installed.

After installing the new pillar cap the front of the rocker didn't fit very well just like the driver side so I had to make relief cuts, massage it to fit, weld it back up.

Back side fit good but had some odd extra material on the door seal end. Had to grind that off.

Coated with weld thru primer and the holes drilled and spots ground down for welds.

Hung the door and tack welded it in. The door gaps looked pretty good without having to do anything. But I noticed it narrowed in towards the front so I will have to modify it a little. For now, its ready to burn in.

HALT!!!! I forgot something. Forgot to drill the holes through the support and floor and put 2 bolts in to hold the rear cab corner together....

Look what the replacement panels look like. They are off... The holes that I needed drilled were off the support tabs just barely. Not sure if this matters. I may weld some additional material to the tab later and redrill the hole so they are all connected like it was from factory.

Got one bolt in there for now and now back to welding in the rocker panel. I started with the top spot welds. Tacked in the edges, then finished them up. Then I moved down the rocker and completed all the spot welds.

Here's the gaps. Not bad. But I ended up relief cutting the front edge to pull it out and add material. It was narrowed in under the door pretty far. Did the best I could...

Here you can really see the narrowing.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote