View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 08:29 AM   #1
smbrouss70

New shop for the Blazer, truck, boat, camp, etc...

I have needed a shop for the past 11 years that we have been in this house. I was supposed to build one 10 years ago, but it was always pushed back for some reason or another. I am kind of glad that I didn't build it back then since I only had one truck then and I definitely would not have built it big enough then.

My wife and I finally signed the contract on Jan. 31st of this year to build a a shop from Mallett Buildings in Iowa, LA. Due to the excessive rain we had through July not much was able to happen until recently. Once it started happening, it happened pretty quick.

We are building a 40'x50' shop with 16' walls and it will have a 40'x10' gable extension or porch as I like to call it. Here is the approved plan that I signed off on. It will have a 14'x10' roll up door in the center and will eventually have two 10'x10' doors on either side of the 14' door, although they will be installed at a later date due to running out of money right now. Those insulated doors get really expensive! I will be building lofts when they are done that will run front to back over each bay with the short doors for part storage to keep everything off of the floor. The center bay will be open to the trusses to allow for my 5th wheel camper to fit in there if I have to work on it. The building will be fully insulated to prepare for air conditioning at a later date.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build

Last edited by smbrouss70; 09-16-2015 at 08:35 AM.
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote