Thread: Triple Threat
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 01:12 AM   #5
izzy_Britton

Re: Triple Threat

This is going to be 2 posts tonight.

I got a little busy tonight and lost track of time. but i got a lot done in a short time.

so far:

front sheet metal removed (hood and both fenders need to be replaced)
front bumper removed (bumper and brackets need to be replaced)
radiator support removed (bent, needs to be replaced)
radiator removed (amazingly this seems to be unharmed)
a/c condenser removed (big hole, needs to be replaced)
trans cooler removed (damaged and needs replaced with bigger unit)
both left doors removed (these are damaged and will be replaced)
right front door removed
right rear/x-cab door is still on truck (9mm socket rolled away, cannot remove right rear door keeper without it)
front seats removed
center console removed
rear seat removed
carpet and pad removed

next will be the headliner and the carpet thing against interior back wall. I need to replace the left side rear cab corner where there is a nasty hole where it meets the roof, so all will be striped out, including windshield, rear window and bed.

still got a ways to go. I am hoping to get it on a trailer so i can take it to the car wash this weekend to get the nastyness cleaned out of the inside, and get the majority of the caked on dust and dirt in the engine compartment and under the cab cleaned off. if i can rope my brother into helping me sunday the bed also will come off as will the rear bumper.

I feel like i am replacing everything except the cab and running gear. but i think it will be worth it in the end and i think (HOPE!) my wife will be surprises and happy with it. if not i will sell it!!! and use the $$ to fund one of my many other projects.

stay tuned! lol

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote