View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #21
1hihum

Re: Anyone ever use classictruckglass.com 60-63 one piece windows?

I gotta say I'm really happy with them! They really open up the field of vision without the wing window there. I'm very happy with the tint too. The only issue really is getting the weatherstripping to fit in just right. I was in the process of installing these when I got diagnosed with a leukemia relaps and had to kind of rush the install before starting treatment. So I need to go back and fine tune the channel around the upper window (you can see some fit issues in the video).
It calls for you to make some plastic (or other material) filler strips to bring the fuzz channel out a bit to better fit around the window. I played with this a bit, but found another idea that once finalized will work better. I used some plastic strips in the front part (where the wing window was) to fill the gap. But for the rest of the upper channel, I stripped the old window fuzz channels down to the metal base (looks like accordioned channel). I then took the new fuzz channel and slipped it into the metal channel and placed it into the door. The fit was really nice and pretty uniform overall. There are a couple if spots that need trimming of the metal channel in order to make the fuzz fit just right. The company is a little mom and pop shop ant they are great people. They got back to me right away on little adjustment tips to make things go smoother (drivers door install needed a little tweaking).
Hope this helps!
1hihum is offline   Reply With Quote