View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #30
siggyfreud

Re: Building a Custom GMC Dash Bezel from the ground up :).

More good progress

Hey all,

Just wanted to update this thread. So I am about 99% done with the fit, including the taper. I think I need to adjust the taper a few degrees, and shrink the outer size by a hair. But I got a snug fit in my GMC dash with the foam outline piece. With the finished piece being a harder material, I want to shrink it a bit since the foam may have compressed slightly going into the cutout.

Also, I did my first attempt at building the vectors/cutouts I needed for the New Vintage indicator piece that I bought, and I think I pretty much nailed it on the first try. I cut it into a scrap piece I had upside down, so in my design it will be on the bottom, though after seeing the design I may flip it and put it at the top of the gauge cluster. The only change I need to make is to recess it about a 1/16th-1/8th more so it's flush and the back threads have more room:

I'll be taking my 4'x2'x1" plastic sheet and making it into 1'x2' sections today I think so I might be able to do a full prototype in the finished material today or tomorrow.

Stay tuned!
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote