View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 03:57 PM   #1
CaliK5Love

Looking for feedback before buying 71 k5 blazer

Hey Everyone! New member here to this forum. When I was 5 or 6, my dad had a 71 k5 blazer and I remember it being awesome, but then he started a frame off restoration and 25 years later its still unfinished. Now that I'm a little older and have a little play money, I want one. I've been doing a ton of research over the last month or two and I found one I like that happens to be within 15 minutes of me!

Here is the Craigslist link: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...664173155.html

I talked to the owner on the phone and he said the following:
350 motor turbo 350 trans. Factory tach factory tilt and the doors and dash havent been cut to add speakers or a cd player. New suspension lift new shocks new exhaust new tires the list goes on. The truck runs and drives great. Says there are 3 dime sized rust spots behind the driver side door that aren't through the paint. He bought the truck 6 months ago and planned to tow it behind his RV but decided the truck is too nice for that so now he's selling it (fishy). Claims the paint is a 7/10. Electronic ignition so no points

He's asking basically $25k. What are your thoughts on that? Any special questions I should be asking him that I havent? Going to bring my dad to look at it with me before I make any decision (dad's a mechanic) but I have been looking at prices online and they're all over the place, $10k to $80k. Hard to value this, so I'd value your opinions and expertise.

Thanks!
CaliK5Love is offline   Reply With Quote