View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 11:29 PM   #12
Dr Jekyll

Re: Thanks Joe, I didn't have anything better to do.

I sand blasted the tailgate and entire bed using one of those little 25 gallon blasters from eastwood, way better than the wire wheel. The problem is the is the deadman nozzle and any valves with media going through wear out pretty quick.

Name:  IMG_4122.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  40.5 KB

I cut the tailgate apart at the top inside portion where it's really flat. That made it easier to line up and smooth later. The entire inside of tailgate was epoxied like the door shells. I'm using 1/4" self tapping sheet metal screws to hold the center together, then removing one at a time and welding the hole shut. The top seam is a butt weld and the edges are spot welds. Cab is on the rotisere in the background getting ready for primer and block sanding.

Name:  IMG_4123.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  49.7 KB

I really liked the patina on that wheel well, liked getting rid of it.

Name:  IMG_4120.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  50.4 KB

The bed was pitted but in good shape, except for the area closest to passengers door, it had pin holes a needed a patch. LMC to the rescue, just kidding, the patch panel had me shaking my head in disbelief. Maybe I got one for a Toyota by mistake.

Name:  IMG_4033.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  40.4 KB

You can see the pleats don't exactly match, I ended up cutting it along the pleats to adjust the alignment. I would not buy this patch again. Your better off getting some 18 steel and fabricating it your self.

Name:  IMG_4034.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  29.5 KB

Last edited by Dr Jekyll; 11-15-2020 at 11:54 PM.
Dr Jekyll is offline   Reply With Quote