View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 09:00 PM   #25
Dr Jekyll

Re: Thanks Joe, I didn't have anything better to do.

I bought the Truck in 2012 and started the tear down in 2013. I went through a lack of motivation after moving into the new house in 2015. The truck just sat waiting for me to reassemble it. Put the engine and rebuilt transmission in last summer. New wiring, Brake lines, side markers and lenses it all takes time. I don't like to rush when I'm turning wrenches. It's supposed to be fun for me and when I get stressed out it defeats the purpose. Most the time I have to research how do things. My wife asks "How do you know how to do this?" and I reply "What makes you think I know what I'm doing." Admitting that I don't know keeps me open to learning and thats partially what this project is about. That, and its a cool truck for a great price. Now when I start my Camaro, hopefully, It will go faster with fewer mistakes.

The trucks still not done though. Next up got to seam seal the drip rail and windshield opening so I can install the windshield. I just bought a SS bolt set for the bed, a new front bumper, and the wiring under the dash is not going to install itself. I'm ready for a road trip though, so no more breaks.
Dr Jekyll is offline   Reply With Quote