Thread: NJ Suburban
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 08:43 PM   #79
pwdcougar

Re: NJ Suburban

Well can't believe it has been 4 months since the last update. Also can't believe it has been that long since I've done any work. My regular 9-5 has been busy and my small engine repair sideline is really taking off.

I'm getting ready to send the next two panels to the sandblaster soon. The hole are all closed up on the front fender and now I'm working on one of the rear barn doors. First off there is some rust through on the inside lip and some bubbles on the outside. Is it possible to use a side door lower patch panel to fix the area or will I have to make the parts?

The other issue is that it is covered with dent on the inside. The door is going to weigh 100 pounds with all the bondo to level them out. Any suggestions on how to get these dents out without pulling off the entire outer skin?

Paul
Attached Images

1970 4WD Chevrolet Suburban
1997 4WD Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Short Bed (purchased new January 1997)
pwdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote