View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #32
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: My son bought his first truck tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire420 View Post
nice looking truck. I had to replace the pump in the tank of my 89 a while back, and found that taking it out was easy enough, but hooking everything back up was a PITA so I just popped the bed off, real easy. wished I had thought of it sooner. probably lots that can go wrong with that to, but my bed was a cakewalk to take off. worst thing was how hard it was to figure out what was wrong with the truck, the pump didn't just quit, it just wasn't putting out the pressure it needed so it still ran, just not well
Lets just hope it doesn't need to be done again. On our way to SE Idaho right now btw. My wife is from Idaho Falls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforsummer View Post
I could be a great voucher for ya as I have a 1993 Chevrolet cavalier with the 2.2 4 banger and I beat the crap out of it and it still has the get up and go it had when my uncle gave me the car at 150,??? Kms it now has 181,023 kms on her and with the stuff I've put it through this past winter she still runs like a top , I'm unfortunately trading it off on a 1996 Chevrolet extcab s10 2wd , Gunna miss the cheap beater that is my first car that's legally been on the road ,,, lol but I need a truck for work and winter get to pick my truck up in Edmonton Alberta august 6th hopefully all works out and my girlfriend will like the truck better haha
Posted via Mobile Device
My C-10 would have been considered a cheap beater when I started driving it in 1983. Good luck with the newer beater.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote