View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #81
SCOTI

Re: you want to change your 5X5 bolt pattern on 73-87 disc to 5X4.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan1369 View Post
k... this thread gets a little confusing... I have some drop spindles on my truck installed by the PO. not sure what the brand is. The front is disc brakes though... Can I put the g10 rotors directly on the spindles I have now? I am pretty sure that the G10 spindles use an A3 outer bearing and an A5 inner bearing. I am trying to confirm that now, and its driving me nuts. Also, what does height mean on a rotor?
C10's, G10's, Caprices (& many full size GM cars), & Camaros w/the 1Le option rotors are all approx 12" OD.

The difference is in the thickness of the rotor. The 1.25" rotors are considered HD & use one combo of bearings. The 1" rotors are considered lt duty & use a diff combo of bearings. The trucks utilized each type of rotor by using different spindles & brake assemblies (vans were the same deal).

Aftermarket drop spindles are available for each brake type (HD & lt duty). You have to have the lt duty spindle to swap off the shelf car pattern rotors. To determine if you have the right spindle, measure the thickness of the rotor.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote