Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #9
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

Today a friend came over and helped me move the bed into the shop. So now I can get to fitting up the bed to the new frame. Tons of fun!

So after we got the bed into the shop I did not want to lay on a creeper under the bed undoing all those dozens of bolts to take the floor out, so I decided to make a frame work of lumber (a lot of new houses are going up in our neighborhood so I went dumpster diving for wood!!!) to rotate the bed upright and not harm the sheet metal. So I used the engine hoist to raise up the bed slowly and put it up right. By the way the pictures don't show it but I have since used heavy tie downs to secure it to the rafters and support structure of the shop so it wont fall over. So now I can undo all the bolts standing up like a normal person. I will leave several in place so I can rotate it back to the ground and then undo them when it is in back in position. Yeah I know the safety experts are going to scream at me, but it was all done very safely and no OSHA people were harmed in the rotating of the bed....

This bed is actually in great shape for a 75'. I don't have that much body work, which I am super thankful for!!!

Well once I get it mocked up I will snap some pics and update you guys.
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote