View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 09:50 PM   #84
HunterRotten

Re: The Hawaiian Blue 1978 GMC.

HUNTER'S 1978 GMC C15 SIERRA BUILD THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I really enjoy following your process on this truck. It's going to be really nice and a lot of fun to drive. You guys are doing a great job of working your way through it. I thought that 454 was going to be a lost cause but I'm glad you had a way to save it. You turned it into a sculpture, nice work.
It was a little less than ideal, I bet it would have cost anyone else a fortune. Thanks for reading!

Well, since I have the big block on the way I decided that it would probably be a good idea to do dual tanks. This is something else we always just kind of joked around about (kind of like the big block) that ended up coming true. 16 gallons with a 468 doesn't sound like I can pass a gas station. Two saddle tanks means 32 gallons, sounds a lot better!!

I bought a patch from Krazy Ray here on the forums, the same guy I also bought my bed floor cutouts and also this really nice core support. There's not even battery tray rust on this one!!

We did some rough measuring of the center of the hole on the passenger side (where my original tank was) to line up where the new one on the driver side should go, it worked pretty good. I can't believe we cut a hole in the bedside after all that work!!

HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote