View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 07:38 PM   #12
C/10 King

Re: Who remembers the dealership trucks? Central Valley GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Did you have this hand painted? Or are they stickers you had made?
LOL What Tim said.... all hand done,

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
No stickers! Boo!!! That's a good job, very convincing. Just got to have Pontiac on there, too. I have some Pontiac touches for my '67 GMC (eternal) project. Th vibe will be a hot era truck warmed over by it's GMC/Pontiac dealership mechanic owner's hands. 327 now, but would love to build this 455 I have to set in there posed as a 389.

I love this thing. I remember these type trucks running around. I had a light blue '67 shorty with L&M Produce on the doors when I was young. The dealership where I bought my parts, when you could get them, had a '65 C20 Stepside with a tow rig in it that was all lettered up sitting faded away in the corner of the back lot. I tried to buy that for years. I think it ended up going to an insider

You know what just hit me? My '72 GMC is a Central Valley truck.

You don't just do trucks. Something about anything you have says to me just how much you truly enjoy these trucks and I think that's why you are sitting where you sit today.
Yup, a lot of people (mostly younger ones) don't remember that most GMC's were sold at Pontiac dealership, or Buick and Oldsmobile too.... and Central Valley GMC in Fresno Ca. was around for a long time....
ooooh yes, I feel like a little kid every time I strike a deal on a truck, then again when I get them home and start the transformation from a moth to a C/10 butterfly!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demian5 View Post
Who did the signage? I have an idea for mine but want it to look vintage.
On this particular one I had a pin-striper from Modesto Ca., she (that's right she) been a striper for a long time and knows her stuff!
1971 Short Fleet
1970 Jimmy Custom 2 WD "Golden Ticket"
1972 Blazer 2 WD "Retro Blaze"
C/10 King is offline   Reply With Quote