View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 09:03 PM   #372
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
Hey Chris - So a lot of time has gone by and I was wondering if you have any suggestions, regrets, or whatever with your truck.

Thanks
Hey man, I got no excuses for the lack of reply ... So far so good on the build. Everything runs quite well. My main things are not replacing the 90's glass and I still have to sort out the bed floor. Otherwise, I haven't come across anything the annoys me or drives me nuts.

I do have some updates I need to add to the build thread. After a great season in 2019 I qualified for the Goodguys Duel in the Desert final autocross in Scottsdale, AZ and made a few changes for that event since I would be racing the pros. I did change tires from the Nitto 555 G2s to BFG Rival S 1.5 which made a huge difference on the autocross track but I actually like the Nitto better on the street.

Main things I changed other than tires was moved the battery and trans cooler to the bed and changed the front springs to a stiffer spring rate. The stiffer spring rate (from 450 lb/in to 550 lb/in) was great for autocross but definitely makes the bumps in road driving a bit worse. So the usual tradeoff for a stiffer spring. Now after 1.5 years of no racing due to you know, time to get back at it next weekend with GG Colorado.

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote