View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 02:48 AM   #12
chevy3100truck

Re: #minijimmygmc Wifey's 1990 K5 Jimmy rebuild

Just a quick and simple rebuild on the 350 - new rings & bearings, new slightly larger than stock cam, and freshened up heads. The bearings that came out of it were all in good shape with the exception of the cam bearings - they were ugly. Being as I'm leaving it with the factory TBI for now, not a whole lot I can do to the engine without having issues (well, not without throwing money at it which I don't really think is worth doing with the factory TBI)
Name:  IMG_3849.jpg
Views: 1266
Size:  56.9 KB
Name:  IMG_3857.jpg
Views: 1257
Size:  69.3 KB

mostly complete - accessories, water pump, brackets etc. will go back on once the engine is back in the chassis
Name:  IMG_3861.jpg
Views: 1249
Size:  56.1 KB

Sandblased & painted the accessories etc as needed. Had to get a friend to weld up one of the accessory drive brackets as it had a crack in it. Also learned a valuable lesson - after you degrease & pressure wash a bracket that still has the tensioner on it don't leave it outside for a week, the bearing will rust up really nicely lol (I can't believe I did that - I meant to bring it inside, but forgot it with some parts I was storing outside)
Name:  IMG_3933.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  46.6 KB
Attached Images

chevy3100truck is offline   Reply With Quote